Warning: strip_tags() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /public/sites/www.horsetrailerloading.info/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 664
In my Ebook on how to teach your horse to load himself in the trailer I mention a few movies where they use the Power of Now. When I wrote that, I didn’t know about the movie ‘Peaceful Warrior”. Because if I did, I would have devoted a whole chapter to this movie and the message in it. That’s why I’m writing this post about it instead. I know from experience that the Power of Now can be extremely powerful. Imagine what our Horsemanship could be like when we could tap into the Power and Wisdom of being in the Now.
‘Peaceful Warrior’ is about a gymnastic with a lot of talent, but with a very big ego. The movie shows how his ego gets in his way of his goals and then he meets his new mentor. A master of Being in the Now and tapping into the wisdom and power that’s available for everybody.
If there’s anything that horses are better at than us and what we could learn from them is: living in the moment!!! Whenever we think, we are living in the past or in the future and block of the power and wisdom that comes with intuition. Thinking is just a habit, a very very very strong habit. And it blinds us. ‘Thinking’ is the ego trying to be a big shot. Trying to claim all the credit for what you have achieved, where the ego actually only limits us.
I watched it a third time last night and wrote down all the life lessons and quotes I noticed. I am sure I missed a few and they might mean something else to you than to me. The main reason why I love sharing these, it is to keep myself on track and learn to master them myself.
Life Lessons and quotes from Peaceful Warrior:
- Knowledge is not the same as wisdom – wisdom is doing it
- What does happiness has to do with anything? – Everything
- Many people live a lifetime without ever being awake
- Service is the highest purpose
- You need to start asking better questions
- Slow down, you might actually taste something
- Others want you to believe their answers. Find your own answers – from the inside
- You’re not what you think – take out the trash, empty your mind
- “Are you out of your mind?” – “yes, and it’s taken a lifetime of practise”
- There’s never nothing going on
- The only thing that matters is this moment – Here, Now
- Sometimes you have to lose your mind before you come to your senses
- Learn to meditate in every action
- All you have is right Now
- Ego shouts: “what would you be without me?!”
- Not knowing is a great realisation
- Emotions are natural, but don’t let them rule you
- Find your answers from within
- There are no ordinary moments
- You’ll never be better or less than anybody else
- Be conscious about your choices and responsible for your actions (including your thoughts)
- The ones that are the hardest to love, are the ones that need it the most
- Death isn’t sad – the sad thing is, most people don’t live at all
- Even if you exactly what you want, you’ll still suffer, because you can’t hold on to it
- It’s the journey that brings us happiness, not the destination
- Life has three rules
- Life is a mystery – don’t wast time trying to figure it out
- Keep a sense of humour – especially about yourself, it’s a strength beyond all messure
- Nothing ever stays the same
- Where are you? Here!
- What time is it? Now!
- What are you? This moment!
The movie sure is a must see!! Here’s a section of the movie.
This very thing – the Power of Now – is becoming my passion in life. I really want to master this and hope someday I can be a mentor like Nick Notle in this movie.
If you would rather read the book: ‘Way of The Peaceful Warrior’ by Dan Millman. And of course another really good book I recommend is ‘the Power of Now’ by Eckhart Tolle.
- (Re)connecting with the Power of Now
- Mini-Course in Natural Horsemanship
- The last thing your horse did, is what he remembers
- Driving the horsetrailer.
- Straight vs Slant Load Trailers