Warning: strip_tags() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /public/sites/www.horsetrailerloading.info/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 664
Now that you can load your horse well, it is of course fun to go somewhere with the trailer. But another obstacle for a lot of people is backing up the trailer. The best way to learn is through experience, but here are a few tips that will help.
To explain it again in words:
To go around a corner backing up a trailer
Just turn the front wheels enough so the angle changes between the car and the trailer. Then turn your front wheels back the way they would be when you drive around the corner forwards.
To go straight backing up a trailer
When the trailer appears to much in one rear view mirror, steer that way until the trailer is straight behind the car again and then put your front wheels straight again.
- Closing the butt bar – How and When.
- Trailer Loading Video Coaching
- Tie your horse on the trailer or not – what halter to use.
- Driving the horsetrailer.
- Does your horse ‘Tolerate’ or ‘Accept’ the trailer (or anything else)